Farm Innovation Nigeria Limited was birthed to develop innovative solutions that see farmers improve their processes, increase their yield and subsequently increase their income. We provide a range of services including Research, Agribusiness development, E-extension services and Agric value chain development.
As an organization, our mission is to change the African agricultural narrative by building successful Agri-preneurs through increased access to information, markets, resources and affordable Agtech products. Our vision is to be Africa’s foremost hub and catalyst for Agricultural technology innovations.
Farm Innovation Nigeria Limited seeks application from suitable qualified individuals for the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for an agricultural extension project in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
The intervention targets small holder farmers who live on less than $2 a day and do not have access to information that is perceived accessible in this technology age, living in remote villages where internet access and telecommunication network proliferation is still low.
The project will partner relevant actors in the agriculture value chain to ensure successful introduction and adoption of agricultural extension services in the hard-to-reach areas of North-Eastern Nigeria leveraging technology.
- Ensure that the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Provide technical support to state onboarding officers in ensuring that data/indicators related to the project are accurately captured, and reported according to set guidelines.
- Represent and make appropriate presentations to stakeholders at various forum on program achievements and deliverables and other M&E activities
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze state data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with the chief technical officer, team lead and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system, project’s training database and project progress updates that documents achievements on a regular basis.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports,
Required Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Agric. Economics, Extension, Statistics or related fields (master’s degree an added advantage)
- At least 3 years of direct involvement in providing monitoring and evaluation support for related programs
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Previous experience with development of e-platforms for data capturing and reporting
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
- Experience using mobile data collection tool is preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries is desired
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to speak Hausa or Kanuri will be an added advantage.
Note: This position requires frequent travels. Selected candidate must be willing to travel to the communities and villages in the implementing states.
How to Apply
Send in a single document of not more than 3 pages containing your CV and cover letter in PDF format. The document should be saved in the following format First Name_Surname_Position applied for and sent to email@example.com not later than 10th January, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity in all facets of our organization. All qualified applicants will receive due consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Due to a high volume of applications, please understand that we are unable to contact everyone and will only be reaching out to long-listed applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.