Changing the narratives around food production for small holder farmers and working towards sustainable food production requires the application of technology to farming. We are an agricultural innovation technology organization seeking to ease access to quality information for smallholders. We work with integrity while we put the organizations objectives and goal as a priority in all we do. We run a flat organizational structure and handsomely reward acts of taking initiative in the line of duty. We are open to remote working options for unique situations, but this role is onsite (Abuja) with the option of transitioning into remote working in 5 months.
We are looking for an experienced MongoDB developer/DBA who will design and maintain MongoDB databases while optimizing the performance, security, the availability of MongoDB clusters.
- Maintain and configure MongoDB instances
- Keep clear documentation of the database setup and architecture
- Write procedures for backup and disaster recovery
- Ensure that the databases achieve maximum performance and availability
- Design indexing strategies
- Configure, monitor, and deploy replica sets
- Upgrade databases through patches
- Create roles and users and set their permissions
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in optimizing insertions of large amounts of data
- Experience designing systems that deal with large data sets and a huge volume of transactions
- Experience with either AWS | Google Cloud Platform is desirable
- Passionate about embracing new database technologies
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills to handle various critical situations
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills and communications skills to handle critical circumstances well
- Considerable hands-on experience in architecting web portals
- Experience in developing scripts to automate frequent tasks
- Familiarity with sharded clusters
- Knowledge of best patterns and practices for designing document schemas – highly important
- Good grasp of MongoDB’s aggregation framework
- Experience with js/PHP MongoDB driver
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their CVs with a Cover Letter as one document to email@example.com with the job title as reference no later than 5pm, 25th October 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity in all facets of our organization. All qualified applicants will receive due consideration and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Due to a high volume of applications, please understand that we are unable to contact everyone and will only be reaching out to long-listed applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.